Below are questions that should be asked during the investigative process of selecting the design-build firm you will be investing in and partnering with. Choosing the right landscape contractor in Arizona will help you throughout the construction process.
Landscape Contractor Research
- From the time of our initial meeting, what is the turn-around time for receiving a design and estimate?
- Will you create a design that specifies the scope of work?
- What licenses does your company carry and what are the license numbers?
- Are you appropriately licensed to perform all of the work being contracted?
- Do you have complaints registered with the ROC?
- Can I have access to a referral list of recent and post five-year clients?
Arizona Landscape and Pool Designer
- How long has the designer been working for the company?
- What is their work history/experience?
- Can I see one of your company’s construction-ready documents? (Ensure that the document is detailed and thorough so that this could be built confidently without homeowner supervision.)
- Will we receive a pre-site with designer and construction supervisor prior to construction?
- What day will you begin and what is the construction timeline?
- Are there any factors that may slow the process down?
Arizona Landscape Contractor Supervision
- Is the designer or construction supervisor responsible for managing the project?
- How long has the supervisor of my project been employed with your company?
- What is their work history and experience?
Pool and Landscape Contracting
- Are there any “unknowns” that could result in additional costs as construction progresses?
- What is the payment structure (schedule-of-payments)?
- Is the quoted price the final price?
- What should I expect my involvement to be once we sign a contract?
- Is there a final walk-through and how will we agree upon the completion of the contract?
Warranty Options for your Landscape Contractor
- Do you have a warranty department and technician?
- What is the process for submitting a warranty claim?